Thursday, October 18, 2007

!EXTRA, EXTRA!: Gold Dust Orphans announce first show....


...and its a re-mounting of one from last year. The group just recently announced on their website that this winter they will be bringing back their North Pole/Hannibal Lector mashup "Silent Night of the Lambs". Gold Dust favorite Penny Champagne will take on the Jodie Foster role of Rudolph's daughter, and everyone's favorite Larry Coen will reprise his role as St. Nick gone bad.

I don't know if I'll be taking in another viewing , but I do highly recommend anyone who missed it last year to get on the Gold Dust Orphan mailing list and take advantage of their special ticket offers. Usually it involves some hoop-jumping, like leaving their office a ticket order in character, but its worth it if only for their inclusion of a small dog on stage. I won't say that I'm not disappointed that it's not a new production, but there sure is nothing that quite puts me in the holiday mood like lewd drag queens and cheap, 2-dimensional sets.

No comments: